Thursday, January 29, 2009

CNY 2009 @ Grandma's place

okay.....

Let me start my Chinese New Year journal like this.

Had a smooth journey back to Johor because there are no traffic jam even thou u see lots of cars on the road. But at less cars are moving.... Dad took around 3 hours to reach his hometown.

Then yesterday evening, my journey from Johor to Subang it only take 3.5hours. This consider very good due to the heavy rain n slow traffic when we reached Seremban toll. (place where normally you can get stuck and not move for hours) but overall the journey did not give me any headache, so i am pretty satisfied.

My first night in Johor was horrible. I cant sleep at all due to jet lag. only thing i can do is lie down on the bed, close my eyes and wait patiently till i feel tired. In between also i did use my phone as a tool to kill time. (I think during festival season phone company/ operator earn a lot) Some are some sweet nice message and some are some nonsense/ funny message and some are Chinese New Year message.

I only fall asleep around 5.30am n got up nearly to 1pm and just nice for reunion lunch (ooopppsss..... Got a bit of scolding from mum and one of my uncle)

Anyway, for the reunion lunch i had high expectation since i miss malaysia food so so much. But the whole lunch was just ok ok only (as compare to previous years). I found out the reason why after i complain to my mum. My uncle got stroke and so all the food he eat has to be healthy, which also means almost tasteless. (haiz....)

Things i dont like the most about this year CNY is -- it rain the whole day on Chinese New Year Eve (reunion lunch/ dinner day). So all of us (me, my sis and 2 more cousins) who normally run out or maybe should say secretly run out of house to the nearest temple and we will enjoy our night there with the cold wind over there and then we will take some pictures and do some nonsense over there till 12am and then enjoy the CNY fireworks.

So since it rain, we got no choice but to stay at home n enjoy ourselves with national TV CNY programmes. But at asound 11.45pm, our beloved, open minded aunty calls us and say that if it doesnt rain at 12am, they will have the usual fireworks beside the temple ^^
Wheeeee....we quickly get ourself ready and drive over to the temple (normally we will walk there but this year a bit special). It was so fun and me n my cousin did some prayer and then hang out there for while n we go home.

I stay up n help my grandma with the "Jie Cai Shen" 接财神 till like 3.30am and then i go to bed.
Next morning, we had Indian food. Hmmm...i wonder what the menu for next year since we had malay food last year?! Anyway, the Indian food was fantastic....!!! I had it for my Brunch (breakfast lunch) and also lunch time. (see i tell u i eat a lot)

The lamb curry was so nice, then the rendang also so delicious and then when u eat it with nasi bryani. PERFECT COMBINATION........!!! (100 marks)

haha..... technically, this chinese new year, my grandma house is so noisy. 2 of my cousin just give birth, one is twins (one boy n one gal) and one is a baby gal. All 3 of them are like the super star of this chinese new year. Gosh....i wonder am i like this when i was born?! haha....

Anyway, all 3 of them are so cute especially the 2 little baby gals, my aunties n their mum keep having fashion show for them. Almost every hour, they changes their clothes. Gosh...from dress to shorts to mini skirt and different hairclip... So cute and funny....

Oh ya...on the 1st day of CNY @ around 4pm, we were told that the sun, moon and earth will be at one line and then the whole sky will be dark for while and we can actually see "yue chuan shi" or "re chuan shi" (i dont remember what do u call that in english). So at 4pm, all of us actually sit outside my grandma's garden and look up the sky with our sun glasses. But in the end of the they we see nothing and we decided to take pictures again....!!! (is all in my cousin's camera, waiting for her to facebook it.)

So conclusion, I had a great n fun Chinese New Year. ^^

~RED ying~
(Chinese New Year = Red)

No comments: