Thursday, January 15, 2009

Study Tour Report

Okay, i know i my on a study tour right now n i am not really talking about my studies n how my classes is. Instaed, i talk lots of things like weather, people here, my food story.......etc.

My sister wrote me an email n said that my mum is complaining. So to make her happy, let me talk about my studies so far.

Alright, our first lesson when we came in to ESC is intercultural management. We had 2 lecturers and they both speak good english. One of them used to work in Germany but he is a French man and other lady, she is from UK. DUH....!!!! She is from UK, and she speak good english. We had some talk about culture in our own country and share some information like how poeple handle work and so on. It was fun and i discover something. French people also do attend class late..... hahaha...i love this place. Best part of all is we get lots of break in a day ^^

Okay, next is our French language class. She speak english as well but with some French slang, but overall it was alright for us to understand her and class was so noisy n we asked a lot of thing but in the end of the day i dont really remember much of the stuff i speak in class. Is so hard to learn French. Besides that, she tought us some general Geography.

Guess what tomorrow we going to sit for French Exam. Gosh....i am praying hard that the paper is not hard and tonight after dinner n maybe some shopping I must study my horrible French.

Next is a history class. We learned about European Union history and so on. Before we came France, we actually need to do some research on EU history and send it in as one of our assignment. So technically we should know some stuff but....... (hahaha....u know what i want to say. So dont ask....)

Our history lecturer I personally find that he have baby face n he is kinda cute. But his class is BORING n when he speak, he is not confident with his english. So I cant really hear what he trying to say and it demotivate me to concentrate. I tried so hard to stay awake but i keep fishing inside his class.

In the end of the day, to keep myself awake, I started to do some research on the Euro coins (i counted the number of stars in one coin and then look at the pictures on the back of each and every coins) and i also manage to finish off my reflective journal regarding about this study tour which i suppose to hand in on March.

But in second class he is slightly better and we can hear what he say better and some joke were made and it is not as boring as the previous lesson. Oh ya~~ he teach us history by using a book which is so colourful and it is for kids (9 to 12 years old) O.o
Another thing about him is that he love to say "ya" when we answer him and we seriously doubt he understand our answers when he say "ya". Because he says it all the time no matter what we say. but like i said he is much better when we see him second time in class.

Then another class we had is Business with Europe. We had some lecture and we were asked to do a presentation and report based on a country in Europe. My team were assigned to do research on Germany. So we get to do our work in computer lab. Hahaha...so while doing research, we did some MSN, Facebook and check mail and so on......
Our lecturer keep nagging us to stop Facebook. Hahaha....so funny.
We did our presentation on Tuesday noon and i am glad that everything in the end turn out well after so many crap happened.

She is so nice, on saturday she bring us around in her town before we go Mont St. Michel. It wasnt in the plan for her to do that but she willingly offer us and spend half morning with us in the market. She even help us to take pictures while we waiting for bus after class. She came with us in the same bus and then help us in every way she can. SHE SO CUTE AND NICE.

Then on Saturday we tour Mont St Michel. The ISA students bring us around and have fun with us. They are so nice and help us a lot and there is this one guy he actually beat me in taking pictures. He basically take each n every angle. I thought I am the one who keep camehore around but after the Mont St Michel trip I found a buddy and we both had so much fun waiting for each other while taking pictures.

Business game is consider the main activities for this week and my group is called BELL. With 5 members include me as well and we kinda lucky that the 2 French guys who joined us speak english and understand us as well. Medaline, from Australia, she learn French before, so she can sometimes help us in translating. Of cause in between due to some culture different and way of handeling thing in business, French and Aussie and I have different opinion. But we need to give and take. Like yesterday towards the end, we end with a bit of frustration but it was alright.

Business game going to end soon and we are now working on another presentation in the noon regarding about this business game. Is going to be sort of like a report and how we make decision and what our opinion for our end result.

Okay....thats all. Gosh....this is a long blog.
Hope you are happy with my report, Mum.

Bye.......


~ying need to go back to work~
11.50AM, ESC Brest, France

No comments: