Friday, September 7, 2007

in the clinic

Today I went into the clinic, since is lunch hour so I had to wait for while for the doc to come back from lunch and is just half an hour and I’m so lazy to drive back again. So I register, then I sit there n wait.

While sitting on the yellow sofa, I start to look around. Then I saw “Doctor on Duty” then under those words there is a changeable kinda plate which written the doctor’s name which is on duty. Then I stare at the door which written consultation room and all the question one by one pop out from my brain.

Still remember when I was small I always imagine how the doctor looks like before the nurse call my name and go in and meet the doctor. Like izzit gonna be a man or a lady? Old or young? Izzit good looking? How his/her voice gonna be? Izzit gonna be the same doctor that I meet last time or someone new? All kind of question will run into my mind and keep wonder till I enter…

Got once I was so attracted to the lady doctor. I was so attracted to her, that is not because she is pretty or smell good or she gave me my favorite sweet or what so ever. Is because all the while most of the doctor I meet is a HE. So my impression the doctor I gonna meet after this a he and when I was waiting (as usual) I imagine how is he gonna look like, his shirt color and all will slowly combine into one.

But the moment I enter the consultation room, I saw a skinny, small size, not young yet old lady give me a smile and ask me “little gal wats wrong” and then she pat my head. She is like an angle to me, make me feel so proud that as a SHE also can be a doctor. I completely stone and through out the whole time I just look at her and she keep talking French to my mum (I was so small and that time I only understand Chinese, I only learn English when I first enter kindergarten) Haha...then since that day onwards I got another extra question “IS GONNA BE LADY OR MAN?”

No comments: