Friday, January 25, 2008

Thaipusam (no class)

Talking about Thaipusam, this year it falls on the Wednesday and I have no class on that day. Anyway, I always wish to go and have a look at this celebration at less once in Batu Cave. But I never get the chances, the major problem is because of my very impatient dad that will never say yes to this kinda crowded celebration which can be a very practical knowledge for us instead of reading it from books. I really dun like the way he does thing and his old thinking. *ish…*

Every time next morning of the festival, I will open up the news paper and read it. I will be some envy with the foreigners photo and talking about what they thing about the event and all. Also shame because some of them have already participate this event for numerous of time and they all say it is so happening and they really enjoy it.

Still remember during standard one my moral teacher use to tell me her experience when she was there for the festival. And the most impressive thing about the event is the people who caries the kavadi which decorate with nice decoration on top and with lot of sharp thing poke on their skin. As I know there are some forbid that you need to follow in order for you to carry the kavadi. For example 40days before the activity take place you are not supposed to eat meat, only vegetarian.

I was told that in India people do not celebrate this festival as happening as we do in Malaysia. (no offend, if I am wrong do not be angry or anything) Over in India people do not get public holiday for it and we in Malaysia some states do declare as public holiday for the celebration.

Well hopefully next year I get to go there and have a look with my own eye and experience the happening event so I will be able to share with everyone. Instead of admire and get jealous over the reporter written material and the verbal experiences from the tourist.

No comments: