Sunday, March 16, 2008

election campaign

The moment our beloved prime minister announce that our 12th general election will be held on the 8th of march. Lots of campaign started to carry out by different different parties. And my area also stared to have lot of blue and red rocket flag flying along the road, when we walk out from college we see banner all over the places, poster of the person running for the states and lot more.




So my parents attended some campaign talk during Sunday night too. At first only my dad went with my neighbour because he kept asking my dad to go there and have a look at the respond. After that my dad came back half way and asks my mum to go along with him.

Then on Monday which is the 3rd of march, my mum ask me and sister to go along with them and have a look at the crowd and listen to how they give speech and all. So out of curiosity we say okay and follow them to USJ12’s padang.

“Wah…so many people wor…!!!” that is the first thing came out form my mouth. I never been to all this kind of campaign before and this is my first time. My dad the very good citizen that will never break rules when he is on the road, and this is the first time I see him park his car at the road side like everyone does. (Originally the road has 2 lanes but due to election campaign, people already indirectly transform one into parking lane and
only one which able to let car past)

I am not running for any position and I am yet to be a qualify voter that can determine who lead the country so I wont comment anything about the talk. I am here to talk about the funny that I had observed during the campaign.

First thing I saw is the camera man for one of the press. just to get a picture of the crowd and the talker, he climb up the football goal and squad down dangerously to get the picture. Without his notice I actually used my camera quickly take down his pose with my camera. *ps: my camera does not have flash function therefore the quality is… *

The second thing is I am impressed by the food stall owner great business mind. They are good man…! At one side of the campaign, you actually can see those people selling foods and drinks. Crowd equal to business equal to money. ^.^ *clap clap clap*

So half way through the talk, it started to rain. But it didn’t kill the crowd support. The only thing people do is ask one of the family member go back to the car and get umbrellas. Of cause they are still people like me decided to end it and get back home to rest. The crowd respond some time
can be really funny and spontaneous. Words like bullshit, sigh sound and all sort of different funny gesture make the reporters standing near me laugh till they shake their head and forgotten to drop down notes.

After sending us back home and pick up my brother my dad join the campaign with those really semangat people for some big star, I think is the leader of the party, which will be having his talk at around 11 something.


No comments: